Saturday, February 6, 2010

Life as a Gucci Boy: Vol 1 Ch 1




So, here comes the first blog from the KC-10 side of the house. I'll start it off with a couple pictures from my first trip a few weeks ago. The first is an army of hermit crabs on the shore of Wake Island, and the second is a Marine F-18 from VMFA-533 out of South Carolina getting some gas. Im currently on my second trip (First one was a coronet where we brought 6 F-18s home from Japan) on the road to being mission ready. We are flying a chanel mission around the pacific. That means we are doing a regularly scheduled cargo run that is done every couple of weeks. Im currently online talking to someone who is living in saturday night while it is noon on Sunday here. Its funny what the international dateline will do. My last trip I literally had to ask what day of the week it was when we landed back in Hawaii lol. I started this trip out of Travis and went to Hawaii, Guam, Japan, and am now on the return legs back in Guam. We takeoff out of here in about 8 hours and when we land back in Hawaii it will be the same point in time in which I am now posting this blog, noon on Sunday. I felt bad I couldnt get Lady Speedbird her coffee she wanted from Japan, but I didnt even get to leave the airfield and get to the store :-( Though it was all rainy and bleh in Japan it is beautiful here in Guam. Nice and warm, and I had great Thai food for dinner. :-) Im not much for spicy stuff so I had the pineapple fried rice and it was delicious. I then finished out the night by going with some of my crew to hang out for a while. We started off playing pool for a while and eventually ended up at a karaoke bar where we sang until we were hoarse. Oh, and I rode on the thing where they strap you into a round cage and launch you up in the air on bungee coords in between pool and karaoke. =D It was a blast! The point at the top of the bounce where you just feel weightless you can look out over the whole shoreline and the view was amazing. Well time to go for now. 'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment