Monday, February 8, 2010

4 days without internet...

... really takes a toll on someone whose only method of speaking to her family is through those means!  I haven't heard from Mr. Speedbird since the 4th, and here is is, almost the 9th where I am today!  I miss my hubby!  At last, i am connected to the world again and it feels wonderful.  I am currently multitasking on Skype as well, talking to my dad  (whom, thank goodness, just heard from mr. speedbird).  It really shows how dependent we are as a society on internet and cellphones.

I have, in the course of a few days, visited Turkey  (where they held us up for an hour because of passport issues)

Italy (where I feel in love with the country all over again)

and England and may be headed to Haiti before heading home (a last minute possible addition).  This trip has been full of many firsts, such as eating Turkish food, drinking "baby Guinness's" in a Sicilian bar (and using the very small amount of Italian I knew to get dinner for the crew), and learning poker!  Thank goodness I was able to pick up at least 2 shot glasses to build to my collection!  What a jam packed mission this has been, and it's not over!

On a final note, here's another amazing meal, courtesy of the flight attendants:


Hopefully I will be home by Thursday...  we shall see!

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment