Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back home for my Valentine :)

Today is the last day of my post mission crew rest and I figured since I had the extra time lounging around the house, I thought I would share some highlight photos from this past trip.

Our view of some buildings in Istanbul from the maintainance ditching hatch (opening on the very top of my plane's fuselage):

View from my room in Ankara, Turkey:

Here is an amazing view of Mt Etna, Sicily, with Catania in the foreground:

The crew enjoying the Stag's Head pub in Catania!

My crazy new Italian friends Zaira and Alessandro:

The Duomo in the heart of Piazza Dell'Elefante (Elephant Square):

The plane we had to back up for 6-7 days (here sitting in Rome's airport):

Here were the last 2 meals we got on this last trip:
(yummy avocado bacon cheeseburger, steak fries, and white raspberry cake)

(chicken and fruit salads)
We were totally sad to see the flight attendants go when we dropped them off home at Andrews!


This trip definitely topped the list, thus far!  I got to see some really amazing new places, and the crew was just wonderful!!!   Back home, now that both of us are here just in time for Valentine's Day, mr speedbird and I are struggling to find something last minute to do... nonetheless, at least we are both home.  That's what matters!!!!!

Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment