Monday, February 22, 2010

Goodbye USA, Deployment day tomorrow...

Well, we're heading out tomorrow... yup, we, as in mr speedbird and I are both heading out in totally opposite directions.  He is headed on a trip serving our country in the Pacific and I am headed eastbound to Turkey.  Pretty typical now, I 'spose we should get used to it  ;)  I am extremely anxious about leaving the country for 4 months... more-so leaving my mr.  Most of our relationship we had been on separate parts of the country (moving here to CA meant the first time we would actually live in the same STATE, let alone house).  To keep my mind off of what I'm leaving behind I will be welcoming new and exciting cultures and adventures in Europe.  I will be purchasing a basic Turkey customs/culture/language book so that I can be a little bit acquainted with the country I'll be spending quite some time in.  Don't worry my few followers, I will still blog while I'm there so you can read all about it!

On a side note, i would love to briefly talk about the last couple of things I did here in the US that I just couldn't do while out there.  The hubby and I did get to enjoy our last weekend together in San Francisco...

We scored some Broadway tickets, I mean, broadway just hasn't made it to Turkey just yet... Wicked, the musical was just awesome... the visuals weren't fantastic, but the story and most of the songs were exciting and engaging (though I haven't read the book yet).  It really made me miss my hometown of New York City a bunch (let alone just being in the bustling, diverse, ever-changing city of San Fran).  Now I REALLY have to take hubby to NYC and to another show out there!
And of course, we did some shopping.  Among other things, I finalllllly got myself some Vera Bradley stuff and boy what did I ever do without her in my life?!?  These bags are pretty affordable and just adorable!  I had to stock up before deployment.  Unfortunately I won't be taking them with me (at least the handbag... I love the little new wallet I got!)

Ok, enough bragging... I hate doing that, but just HAD to share these 2 gems.  



Turkey, here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment