Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wilkommen nach Hotel Rosenhof!


Like most hotels here in Germany, the rooms are small, cramped, and usually refrigerator-less (unless your the lucky few in the crew who get the giant suite on the top floor, for example).  A real estate agent would describe the rooms as cozy, which they really are, especially if you are exhausted from a 9 hr flight overseas and about 6 hours worth of pre/post flight duties.   I write this post as I still sit in my hotel room... I should be enroute to the airplane by now, but we have, guess what?  Been delayed.

Last night I probably slept for about 11 hours!!!  I think I was catching up on all the sleep I missed while at McGuire, hehe.  I did have the craziest dream involving my brother, sister, and I evading from a giant 'smart tornado' in what my mind told me was Long Island, NY.  The tornado was gigantic and hit after going shopping in an outdoor mall.  It had huge tornado arms that would extend out and swing at people... ugh.  What a dream.

...And right after learning about the earthquake that hit Haiti, too.  This is the second trip I've been on when a major disaster hit (Tsunami in Samoa/Philippines):  (photos courtesy of CNN)





My thoughts and prayers go out to them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment