Sunday, March 7, 2010

My heart is in Turkey, My body in California, and My mind in Dahfra

Well peeps another update from the currently stateside half of the Speedbird dynamic duo. I am back home for a little while finishing out my post mission crew rest and waiting to hear from the schedulers what is next in store for me. First I'll fill ya in on the last leg of the trip I just returned from. We got re-routed to go from Thailand to Yokota instead of Kadena and though we were an hour away from Tokyo sadly I didnt have the opportunity to go out there. I did however get a great picture of Mt Fuji on the approach though :-)

I would also like to give a big thanks to my C-130 friend Heidi for showing me around in the time I spent in Yokota. Meanwhile I am thoroughly enjoying the time I get to spend video chatting with Lady Speedbird and am ever gratefull for skype even though its nowhere near as good as the real thing I'll take what I can get. Its a 10 hr time difference so we usually talk to each other right as one is going to bed and the other is getting up. It has only been two weeks since she left and I miss her like crazy.
On the other side of things I am also busy gearing up for my deployment next month. A few more ground training classes and some paperwork and I'll be ready to head to Dahfra. As of right now it looks like my current date is sticking which will land myslef and Lady Speedbird home within a couple days of each other so we can take some well deserved R&R together. Boy am I looking forward to that! Not much else to update on for now but I'll leave you with a couple more pictures from my time in Thailand.


The neat carpet in the hallway of the hotel (I just thought it looked artsy fartsy) and a row of the common mode of transportation in Thailand. Those people are fearless on those things when they ride the busy roads. They zip in and out without regard for bigger vehicles that could very easily run them over! LOL



And this is the daytime view off of the balcony from my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment