Monday, February 21, 2011

We are but darkened ships passing in the night.

I am currently at Altus AFB, OK, and have been since the last post.  I'm trying to finish up my first phase of aircraft commander upgrade training here, so i can progress to commander-hood. ((SCARY!!)) So here I sit, awaiting my checkride (which should have come and gone, but was postponed due to 2 snow storms) so I can LEAVE this place.  At the same time, the Mister is getting ready to leave on a trip that will take him to the same Happy Fun Place he will later go in mid-March (i.e. deployment time comes again). Cue dramatic music:  "Dum dum duuuuuum!" We will most likely miss each other since by the time I get home, he will already be gone.  Our lives are pretty darn hectic.

At least he's be productive while at home... he'd been working on an artsy shelving unit for my 39 piece (and growing) shot glass collection, and is just about done!  He showed me pictures of it and it looks great.  I will not post them since they do not justice now, but just wait until it's hanging on the wall!

Until then, here is a reminder of where I want to be...


Figured the mister would like this.  (me, not so much)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there
    You look exhausted, but great.....
    lots of traveling and on the move makes you appreciate your down time, right?
    Well, do reach out and touch sometimes, ok?
    Miss you much
    mom

    ReplyDelete