Monday, May 3, 2010

And thus we begin the downward spiral...

Gule Gule Turkey, مرحباKuwait!

Now it's really starting to feel like a deployment! 

Ok. So on the 1st day of merry ol' May, I packed my happy ass up and left for Kuwait. Ok, sorry. Didn't mean for the profanity. It's definitely different here.  I will say that I was quite surprised when I arrived.  The weather was actually pretty tolerable.  I guess the rolling thunderstorms sure helped.  Today, however, I did get a glimpse of how hot and humid it can really get here.  I can truly say, though, that I will really be productive here!  There's not really much else to do!  In the two days I've been here, I've done more pushups than I did the whole time at Turkey! (I should mention that there is a pushup challenge going on within the squadron. I'm already at 160!)  Swimsuit body, here I come!  

(( As a quick side note:  in the time that we haven't written, the Mr. and I have planned a trip to Mexico this summer as a welcome back from deployment gift to ourselves.  Something bright at the end of the tunnel. I won't talk much about it now, only when it is fully paid for and the leave is approved, will I go on further. ))  

Since I've been here in Kuwait, it seems hard to get to talk to the hubster. Now that he's on wacky flying schedules, and I'm on a tight schedule working the desk this week, we only have time to just miss each other via email. It's frustrating. I'll go into more detail on the living situation when I get the time to post pictures, most likely by next week.

60 days and counting.

downward spi
                      r
                          a
                                 l

No comments:

Post a Comment